The truth? There were multiple African American witnesses who corroborated Officer Wilson’s story. This was never a tale of two races, it was a tale of differing agendas. Manufacturing consent is a powerful concept to which far too many of us turn a blind eye. We listen to whatever media outlet we like and we nod along like zombies; sheep. The media made us believe that multiple autopsies came to multiple different conclusions. Again, not true. The media made us believe that there were multiple shots fired into the back of the deceased. Not true. Those omitted facts skewed the story and they skewed the perception.
- Don’t steal
- When approached by a police officer, do not reach in through his car window and start punching him
- Do not run away when told to stop
- Do not turn back around and start charging the officer again.
- GoPro cameras are an incredible tool that should be used in all contacts with suspects and the community.
- Stop making up statistics. I have seen people try to bandy about numbers that simply are not accurate. There are bad cops, but it is considerably less than the 10 percent number people seem to love. Statistics show that the rate of “bad” cops is less than 1 percent. And that is somewhat accurate.
- Recognize how the media is manipulating you. When is the last time the news anchor came on and said that “there were 37,500 arrests today where the officers acted appropriately."
- That’s right, in America there are 37,500 arrests every single day. And the vast majority of them do NOT involve police brutality and even fewer involve shootings. There is no acceptable level of police abuse of power. But that does not mean that “all cops are bad” and it does not mean that we cannot get better in America.
Calling each other names because our conclusions are different? How does that get us anywhere? This is not dialogue.
This nation was formed on a basic philosophical premise of liberty. Liberty means that we have the freedom to choose our actions, but, and this is important, we only have that right as long as the use of that right does not deprive another person of his rights.
It's all about the devil and I've learned to hate him so.
She said he causes trouble when you let him in the room.
He will never ever leave you if your heart is filled with gloom.